Responsible for care of children for parents and guardians participating in Pueblo of Jemez Social Services program sponsored events; prepare and serve meals; feed; clean and change diapers.
• Cares for children for parents and guardians participating in Pueblo of Jemez Social Services program sponsored events.
• Maintains a healthy, safe and secure environment for the children; empties trash bins, cleans spills, sweeps and mops.
• Prepares and serve meals; feeds; cleans and changes diapers; and cares for children’s basic needs.
• Ensures all sanitation rules in food service area are adhered to.
• Organizes and manages activities and encourages involvement.
• Sets up the childcare environment to include moving furniture and preparing activity materials.
• Communicates any child welfare concerns to supervisor.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of a work team.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Required Knowledge and Skills
Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in an institutional setting.
Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Skill in preparing and serving light meals.
Safely using and maintaining tools and equipment related to the work.
Understanding and following oral and written directions.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Required certifications, licenses and registrations:
• Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
• Valid CPR & First Aid certification or obtained within 30 days of hire.
• Valid Food handler’s certification required or obtained within 30 days of hire.