The Construction Laborer performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction projects; provides assistance with site preparation and maintenance, other craft workers.
· The Construction Laborer cleans and prepares sites; digs trenches; sets braces to support the sides of excavations;, erects scaffolding; cleans up rubble and debris and removes waste materials.
· Assists other craft workers.
· Maintains a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
· Loads and unloads trucks and hauls and hoists materials.
· Operates and maintains a variety of hand and power tools.
· Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment.
· Maintains basic records of work performed.
· Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
· Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Valid New Mexico Driver’s license.
Knowledge and Skills
Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Basic records management principles and practices.
Safely using and maintaining hand and power tools related to the work.
Reading and interpreting standard plans, maps and instructions.
Understanding and following oral and written directions.
Preparing basic records and reports of work performed.
Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Recognizing common plant and insect pests.