Oversee Information Technology and Telecommunications planning, budget, acquisition, implementation, management, maintenance, support, repair and policies and procedures; supervises and assigns work to direct reports. Serves as the key technical support person for Information Technology programs; implements, operates, and maintains all computer systems, Computer systems peripherals, communication services and devices, and printing/copier services and devices.
• Serves as the key technical support person for Information Technology programs; implements, operates, and maintains all computer systems, Computer systems peripherals, communication services and devices, and printing/copier services and devices.
• Configures and tests procedures and equipment for network projects.
• Serves on committees and project teams such as Performance Improvement Committee, Safety Committee, and Clinical Care Team.
• Fields trouble calls from customers that relate to network problems; travels to other locations to install and/or repair equipment and resolve network problems.
• Maintains and troubleshoots the internal network and troubleshoots; corrects issues and ensures operational state of network.
• Assists in the development of Policies & Procedures.
• Serves as resource to Pueblo staff on matters relating to voice/data/radio requirements and training.
• Performs duties of other IT functions as required, including data back up and export.
• Provides consultation in other areas of technology, including but not limited to Audio/Visual, small electronics, UPS systems, Imaging systems, minor electrical, facilities, and security.
• Ensures that security policies are adopted, implemented and maintained in order to ensure confidentiality.
• Conducts complex analyses that relate to the user's business systems, working in concert with other information technology staff and vendor support personnel.
• Maintains currency on technological trends through participation in educational programs, meetings and workshops.
• Performs system acceptance testing; writes and executes test scripts and analyzes results to ensure system integrity.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a field related to the work; AND two (2) years of professional experience in planning, management and coordination of the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Web applications.
Required certificates, licenses and registrations:
New Mexico Driver’s License.
Microsoft certified IT credential.
CompTIA’s Server+, or other comparable enterprise level IT credential or ability to attain within (90) days of start date.
Windows Client and Server operating systems and administration, Microsoft Office Suite products and Microsoft Exchange Records management principles and practices.
IHS RPMS Software.
TCP/IP, LAN technologies and analysis techniques and characteristics of LAN systems hardware and software.
Principles, practices and techniques in the installation and maintenance of network hardware and software
Applicable codes and regulations.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
Network problem solving.
Interpreting technical materials.
Communicating effectively in both oral and written form.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, and vendors.
Operation of network management software, project management software, and network utilities.
Installation and maintenance of network servers, workstation operating systems, hubs, routers, bridges, switches and other network equipment.
Network troubleshooting tools and troubleshooting techniques and problem solving methods.
Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
Preparing clear and concise documentation, user instructions, reports, correspondence and other written materials.
Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.