Manage program operations for the Senior Center; ensure quality services are executed within the scope of work of the federal and state regulations.
• Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
• Recommends selection of staff; trains staff and provides for their professional development; administers discipline as required.
• Plans goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the program; provides input into the budget and administers the budget for the program.
• Develops, implements and evaluates short and long-range program goals with established operational mission statements for all senior program services.
• Assesses client needs to identify gaps in service and effectiveness of social services programs; reviews and recommends program changes.
• Plans, implements, administers, and evaluates the programs providing services to the senior citizens of Jemez Pueblo; develops strategies to ensure the highest level of quality service and care to the seniors.
• Ensures adherence to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
• Coordinates with HHS staff on health, fitness and nutritional needs of senior citizens for a comprehensive wellness program.
• Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, social work, or a closely related field; AND five (5) years of professional experience in community management; two (2) years of which were in a supervisory/managerial role.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.