Depatment: Wellness Center
The Customer Service Specialist provides quality service to customers in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes a good impression and customer satisfaction in accordance with policies and procedures.
• The Customer Service Specialist acts as a receptionist and/or first level customer assistant and/or answers the telephone; determines the nature of the visit or call; directs callers to the proper office or person or takes messages as required.
• Provides factual information regarding the functions, activities, policies and procedures of the office to which assigned; distributes printed materials.
• Performs a preliminary check of office equipment to determine the cause of malfunctions; notifies the proper repair staff or service.
• Performs a variety of basic office support duties such as collating materials, distributing incoming mail, preparing materials for mailing, completing forms, proofreading typed or printed materials, and/or typing correspondence reports and other materials.
• Keeps apprised of office activities and functions so as to communicate this information to the public.
• Uses a computer to verify information and may make simple updates.
• May provide relief and assistance to other office support assignments.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
• Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
Knowledge and Skills
Policies and procedures related to operations.
Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone.
Basic computer applications related to the work.
Basic business arithmetic.
Basic office practices and procedures.
Basic record keeping practices.
Determining the nature of a call or visit and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
Performing detailed office support work.
Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
Operating standard office equipment.
Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
Understanding and following oral and written directions.
Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Dealing successfully with the public, in person and over the telephone.
Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.