To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND successful completion of formal coursework in medical assistance.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Phlebotomy, lab tests, immunizations and other procedures practiced by a Medical Assistant.
- Routine sterilization and infection control procedures and practices.
- Proper techniques for documentation of examination and treatment information.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Computer software utilized by the clinic.
- Adhere to all compliance and confidential guidelines including HIPAA Compliance and Privacy Act.
- Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Performing medical assistant procedures in an efficient and effective manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, records of work and other written materials.
Using software applications related to duties.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with customers.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work activities, coordinating multiple activities and meeting critical deadlines.
Required certifications, licenses and registrations:
- Valid certification as a Medical Assistant.
- CPR & First Aid certification within six (6) months of date of employment.