To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field or MBA; AND at least seven (7) years of professional-level accounting or finance experience. At least three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and GASB.
- The new OMB Super Circular, 2 CFR 200.
- IHS Title V & BIA Title VI funding preferable.
- Cost reimbursement forms (Form 425, 270) and drawdown.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, auditing etc.)
- Data analysis and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of MS office (especially excel) and accounting software (MIP preferred).
- Auditing and reconciliation principles and methods.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, assigning, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training staff in work procedures.
- Auditing a variety of internal documents, procedures and reports.
- Analyzing, balancing reviewing, interpreting and reconciling financial reports and transactions.
- Ensuring proper authorization and documentation for disbursements and other transactions.
- Preparing clear, concise and complete financial reports, statements, audit reports and work papers.
- Making accurate mathematic and statistical calculations.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Using software applications related to accounting functions.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.