To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND two (2) years of office support and administrative experience. Must speak Towa.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Standard office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures, including filing and business letter writing.
- Operation of common office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Policies for managing funds and performing accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone.
- Policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to the court.
- Legal and court terminology.
- Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Organizing court activities and recording court proceedings accurately.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable codes and regulations.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments with minimal direction.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment with established guidelines.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate records and files.
- Making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Operating standard office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- New Mexico Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.