To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND four (4) years of office support and administrative experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Standard office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures, including filing and business letter writing.
- Operation of common office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Policies and procedures related to the unit to which assigned.
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Business arithmetic, including percentages and decimals.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
- Computer applications related to assigned duties and activities.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Providing varied secretarial and office administrative assistance to management, supervisory and professional staff.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment with established guidelines.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate records and files.
- Making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Operating standard office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Using software applications related to assigned functions.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.