To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Primary professional training in nursing, medical technology, epidemiology, health education, environmental health or other related field.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Infection Preventionist or related healthcare experience with knowledge of infectious diseases, epidemiology, or patient care practices, preferred.
- Completion of Infection Prevention training Certification within 30 days of employment.
- Minimum Education: Bachelors degree in nursing or other health-related field (biology, public health/community health, or medical technology).
- Master’s degree in nursing, biology, community health/public health preferred.
- Preferred certification: Certification in Infection Control from CBIC.
INFECTION CONTROL OFFICER
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Infection Control best practices, publications, etc. Has the ability to implement evidence-based practices and guidelines.
- Achievement-oriented. Has the ability to take on challenging tasks.
- High-stress tolerance. Has the ability to work under pressure.
- Team-oriented. Has the ability to be collaborative and cooperative.
- Record management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Computer software utilized by the clinic and/or public health programs.
- Epidemiology and surveillance monitoring – report writing and/or data presentation.
- Program and project management and development of systems for tracking and monitoring.
- Situational Awareness in infection prevention and control.
- Collaboration and communication with staff, administrators, and other key stakeholders.
- Conflict management.
- Leadership skills. Use of principles of influence, leadership and change management in an organization.
- Readily sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Bringing enthusiasm, creativity, and innovation to practice.
- Adhere to all compliance and confidential guidelines including HIPAA Compliance and Privacy Act.
- Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, records of work and other written materials.
- Using software applications related to duties.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with customers.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work activities, coordinating multiple activities and meeting critical deadlines.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Certificate of Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) from Certification Board of Infection Control (CBIC), preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work remotely and occasionally in a typical office and clinical setting; agility and dexterity to use standard office and medical equipment; stamina to sit and stand for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.