To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in computer science, information management systems, or a closely related field; OR four (4) years of professional information systems user support and network administration.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- EHR software capabilities and installation techniques; documentation and user instruction methods and techniques.
- Computer system hardware and business application software operating capabilities and limitations.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, office automation and/or standard report generation.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting EHR software.
- Analyzing user issues and providing problem resolution.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware, peripherals and software relating to EHR.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Cisco certified IT credential.
- CompTIA’s Server+, or other comparable enterprise level IT credential or ability to attain within (90) days of start date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.