Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field; AND ten (10) years of management-level accounting and financial management experience, At least five (5) years of Controller and or Director experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, tax, and bank working knowledge.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and practices of generally accepted accounting standards and practices, with an emphasis on governmental and fund accounting, including methods of financial reporting and financial statement preparation.
- Techniques of financial strategic planning.
- Principles and practices of budget development and administration.
- Principles and practices of financial, and claims auditing.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Planning, organizing and administering a comprehensive financial management and reporting program.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of others.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws related to the areas of responsibility.
- Overseeing and coordinating the conduct of comprehensive financial and claims audits and studies.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Making effective oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Strong management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and work with a goal of accuracy.
- Solid time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a complete manner.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
- CPA License preferred.