To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or closely-related field; AND five (5) years of operations experience in a healthcare delivery setting;
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Quality improvement methods, results-oriented practices, and data-driven practices.
- Guiding principles of health care improvement that support consistent and continuous actions that lead to measurable healthcare improvement services.
- Tribal healthcare delivery systems and key processes.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations, to include HIPAA, OSHA, AAAHC accreditation, and other applicable regulatory or professional standards.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Computer software utilized by the clinic.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Training workforce on QI initiatives and methods.
- Maintaining strong relationships with leaders throughout the delivery system to inform, gain feedback, and collaborate on improvement opportunities.
- Health center scheduling.
- Adhering to all compliance and confidential guidelines including HIPAA Compliance and Privacy Act.
- Maintaining quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, records of work and other written materials.
- Using software applications related to duties.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with customers.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- CPR & First Aid certification within (30) days of date of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office and clinical setting; agility and dexterity to use standard office and medical equipment; stamina to sit and stand for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
Work is subject to exposure to bodily fluids and other biohazards.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.