Provides healthy, nutritious meals to our customers; assists the head cook in daily operations within our nutrition program.
• Prepares, cook and serves meals daily to customers in accordance to the weekly menu.
• Deliver meals to homebound customers.
• Verifies quality of food and supplies.
• Ensures the cleanliness and safety of the kitchen and storage areas.
• Ensures that all sanitation rules in food service area are adhered to by all staff and volunteers.
• Maintains basic records of work performed.
• Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND one (1) year of food preparation experience.
• Food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
• Proper handling of food and sanitation requirements.
• Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
• Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
• Basic records management principles and practices.
• Preparing menus.
• Safely using and maintaining tools and equipment related to the work.
• Understanding and following oral and written directions.
• Preparing basic records and reports of work performed.
• Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
• New Mexico Driver’s License.
• CPR & First Aid certification or obtained within 60 days of hire.
• Food handler’s certification required or obtained within 60 days of hire.
• Tuberculosis test and Hepatitis B Series vaccinations pre-employment.