As a member of the Health Services team, performs triage of patients when they come into the Health Clinic to determine reason for visit; executes orders set by providers, which include: COVID testng, blood work, immunizations, POC labs and EKG’s; serves as a member of the health care delivery team by assisting in the promotion of physical and emotional comfort for the patient.
• Prepares patients for examination (triage); documents patient issues and all patients’ vitals into EHR/RPMS.
• Processes provider orders: blood work, EKG’s, POC labs; assist with pap’s and colpo’s with providers; prepares referrals and immunizations.
• Maintains a safe working environment, restocking supplies; reports damaged or non-working equipment; performs quality controls for equipment and POC tests.
• Maintains files in proper confidential manner.
• Reviews patient immunizations and check which may be due; performs immunizations and updates information into RPMS/EHR and NMSIIS systems.
• Follows universal precautions to protect self/patient; ensures patient's right to privacy, safety and confidentiality is maintained.
• Prepares rooms for procedures/exams; cleans rooms after procedures to prevent any spread of bacteria; maintains clinic areas in a clean and operative condition to include the maintenance of office and clinical equipment.
• Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND successful completion of formal coursework in medical assistance.
Required Knowledge and Skills
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office and clinical setting; agility and dexterity to use standard office and medical equipment; stamina to sit and stand for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
Work is subject to exposure to bodily fluids and other biohazards.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: