To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in Nursing, BLS certification, AND two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Theory, principles, practices and methods of providing nursing care and services at the level of a registered nurse.
- Techniques of medical assessment and evaluation of various age groups.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Routine infection control procedures and practices.
- Proper techniques for documentation of examination and treatment information.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Computer software utilized by the clinic.
- Assessing client medical status and situations and taking or recommending appropriate action.
- Performing skilled nursing in a clinical setting.
- Using medical instruments and techniques skillfully and safely.
- Preparing accurate, clear and concise medical documentation and records.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports related to the nursing area and client population.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with customers.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid New Mexico Registered Nurse license
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s license