High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); Apprenticeship program or other post high school course work, AND four (4) years of experience in recreation and/or cultural facility or community programs.
- Supervisory, operations, and budget management practices.
- Standard office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures, including filing and business letter writing.
- Operation of common office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Policies and procedures related to the unit to which assigned.
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Business arithmetic, including percentages and decimals.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
- Computer applications related to assigned duties and activities.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Managing budget and grant compliance and adjustments relative to the needs of the grant or budget account.
- Providing varied secretarial and office administrative assistance to management, supervisory and professional staff.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment with established guidelines.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate records and files.
- Making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Operating standard office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Using software applications related to assigned functions.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.